Thursday, 1 May 2008

London United get monthly awards double

London United picked up two MLF awards - boss Bobby Hutchinson winning Manager of the Month and striker Edward Redwood winning Player of the Month.

Redwood said: "I'm delighted for the myself, I've had a great start to the season and this means a lot to me."

Hutchinson added: "I'm happy with our start. 15 points from the first five games, brilliant."

Meanwhile, Redwood is set to return for his side's MLF match against Newcastle Geordies on Saturday.

The 22-year-old sat out of Tuesday's Champions League win over Harchester with a hip injury but Hutchinson is confident he will return to full fitness.

"We just cancelled him out (against Harchester). He was in a lot of pain," the United boss said.

"He will be a lot better in a few days and involved on Saturday somewhere along the line."

Meanwhile, 'keeper Simon Herding says he has fully recovered, after playing the whole 90 minutes of both semi-final legs despite a sore back.

"I don't feel any soreness in my back anymore so I should be OK," he said.