Monday, 21 April 2008

Fire chairman keeps faith in boss Thomas

Nottingham Fire chairman Bob Adams has backed under-fire manager Dick Thomas to turn the club's season around after suffering their worst ever start in their 11-year history.

The Fire lost all of their first five games of the season, but Adams still believes that Thomas can turn their season around.

"I think it's still way too early to sack him," said Adams.

"We'll keep an eye on our performance for the next few games, then we'll see what happens."

Travelling Fire fans held banners up saying "Thomas Out" and "Sack Dicky Tom" during the Fire's Friday night 1-0 loss at the Bristol Pirates.

But Thomas himself has reassured fans that he would get results quickly.

"The fans shouldn't worry," he said.

"I've had a few bad starts like this in my 10 years of managerial experience but I turned things around dramatically."